All members of the (Miniature Schnauzer Club) undertake to abide by its general Code of Ethics.
1) Will properly house, feed, water and exercise all dogs under their care and arrange for
appropriate veterinary attention if and when required.
2) Will agree without reservation that any veterinary surgeon performing an operation on any of their dogs which alters the natural confirmation of the animal, or who carries out a caesarean section on a bitch, may report such operation to the Kennel Club.
3) Will agree that no healthy puppy will be culled. Puppies which do not conform to the Breed
Standard should be placed in suitable homes.
4) Will abide by all aspects of the Animal Welfare Act.
5) Will not create demand for, nor supply, puppies that have been docked illegally.
6) Will agree not to breed from a dog or bitch which could in any way be harmful to the dog or to the breed.
7) Will not allow any of their dogs to roam at large or to cause a nuisance to neighbours or those carrying their official duties.
8) Will ensure that their dogs wear properly tagged collars and will be kept leashed or under
control when away from home.
9) Will clean up after their dogs in public places or anywhere dogs are being exhibited.
10) Will only sell dogs where there is a reasonable expectation of a happy and healthy life and will help with the re-homing of a dog if the initial circumstances change.
11) Will supply written details of all dietary requirements and give guidance concerning
responsible ownership when placing dogs in a new home.
12) Will ensure that all relevant Kennel Club documents are provided to the new owner when
selling or transferring a dog, and will agree, in writing, to forward any relevant documents at the earliest opportunity, if not immediately available.
13) Will not sell any dog to commercial wholesalers, retail pet dealers or directly or indirectly allow dogs to be given as a prize or donation in a competition of any kind. Will not sell by sale or auction Kennel Club registration certificates as stand alone items (not accompanying a dog).
14) Will not knowingly misrepresent the characteristics of the breed nor falsely advertise dogs nor mislead any person regarding the health or quality of a dog.
15) Members will submit breeding stock to the KC/BVA Eye Scheme for screening and will make
available copies of the relevant documents to purchasers of their stock.
All members will submit puppies and breeding stock to comply with the KC/BVA eye scheme and
will make available copies of the relevant documents to purchasers.
Breach of these provisions may result in expulsion from club membership, and/or disciplinary action by the Kennel Club and/or reporting to the relevant authorities for legal action, as appropriate.